If you are preparing for various exams like IBPS IT Officer, IBPS RRB IT Officer, IBPS RRB Scale 2, LIC AAO, PNB IT Officer, SBI Specialist Officer, SEBI grade A IT Officer, NIC technical assistant or any other IT manager exam, then you have come to the right place because this article will help students who want to further their career as an IT specialist in various departments. Different IT manager exams are conducted each year to recruit candidates. It is important for an aspirant to understand the nature of the exam before developing a strategy for the same.
- Switch to an online study mode from the conventional “pen and paper” mode as the level of questions has increased and you must adapt.
- In the Professional Knowledge section, most of the questions will be theory-based. This is why it is important that you approach theoretical topics religiously. You don’t have to worry about practicing a lot of numerical questions.
- Solve mock tests and analyze them carefully. Follow this regularly and you will certainly succeed.
The topics of the IT Managers Professional Knowledge Syllabus are:
|1.||Basic understanding of computer software and hardware|
|2.||Database management system (DBMS)|
|5.||Data warehouse and data mining|
|9.||Computer Organisation and microprocessor|
Most Important topics
The three most important topics that cover the Majority syllabus are:
- Database management system (DBMS)
- Operating system
We will now see the detailed analysis of the topics given above:
1. Computer software and hardware:
In this section, basic computer knowledge is tested. Some important topics covered in this section are:
- Computer software and hardware
- Type of computers
- Basics of memory etc.
2. Database management system (DBMS) :
DBMS is the most important section and carries the highest marks.
Below are the most important DBMS topics that are regularly asked in exams.
- Database Architecture
- Database Model
- Database Languages
- Entity-Relationship Model
- E-R Diagram
- Normalization (1NF, 2NF, 3NF and BCNF)
- RDBMS (Relational Algebra)
- Transaction Management
- Overview of SQL Queries
- SQL join
- Data Constraints
3. Networking :
Data communication and networking is also one of the most important parts of the IT Officer Professional Knowledge program. It also covers major portion of the syllabus, below are the most important topics that are regularly asked in exams.
- Types of Networks
- Network Architecture
- Network Topology
- Network Devices and Models
- OSI Model
- TCP- IP Model
- IP Addressing
- Network Security
- IEEE 802 Standards
4. Operating system :
Below are the most important topics that are regularly asked in exams.
- Types of OS
- Process State
- Thread and its type
- Multithreading Models
- Scheduling Algorithms
- Banker’s Algorithm
5. Data warehouse and data mining :
It is very small but scoring part because it has very limited topics which are mentioned below.
- Data warehouse architecture
- Data warehouse designing approach
- Meta Data
- Data Marts
- OLAP (Online Analytical Processing)
- OLTP (Online Transaction Processing)
- Data Mining
6. Information security :
The various sub-topics which come under Information security are :
- IP spoofing and IP session hijacking
- Security threats and malware
- Intrusion detection system(IDS)
- Vulnerability Scanners
7. Software engineering :
Below are the most important topics from software engineering that are regularly asked in exams.
- Software development life cycle ( SDLC )
- Different life cycle models
- Cyclomatic complexity
- Software design strategy and approach
8. Data structure:
Below are the most important topics from Data structure that are regularly asked in exams.
- Data structure and its type
- Arrays & Stack
- Binary Trees
9. Computer Organisation and microprocessor:
Below are the most important topics from microprocessor that are regularly asked in exams.
- Number system
- Classification of microprocessor
- Pipelining in microprocessor
- Digital to analog converters
- Boolean Algebra and logic gates
- Combinational logic design
- Flip flop
- Sequential logic design
- Ring counter
10. Web Technology :
This part is a little less important and contains few questions.
The topics generally covered in this part are:
- Scripting and markup languages
- Common Gateway Interface(CGI)
11. Programming languages :
This portion mainly covers the basics of C, C++, Objected Oriented Programming, Cloud computing, etc.
Note – All parts/topics mentioned above are based on exam trends from past years. There can be significant variations in the actual exam.
Knowing and analyzing important topics from previous years will help you prepare them better. Work hard and don’t let anything else get in your way. Choosing the right path is the need of the hour. So, start your preparation today.
All the best!! 🙂